The Daniel & Salvador Montoya Heroes Foundation, also known as ‘Heroes Foundation’, is a community of companies inspired to collaborate, cooperate, and come together in serving those that made the ultimate voluntary sacrifice. We are driven by our underlining responsibility to cultivate and infuse a purpose-driven culture to impact greater change for our military, veterans, and military spouses. In addition to our commitment to better serve our community, we are committed to protecting your privacy and sharing more about the data we collect about you, how it is used and with whom it is shared.
Our registered users (“Members”) share their professional identities, engage with their network, exchange experience and professional insights, post and view relevant content, learn and find business and career opportunities. Content and data on some of our Services is viewable to non-members (“Visitors”).
Data We Collect
‘Heroes Foundation’ collects only the data youprovide to us from the date in creating your account with us.
- Registration - To create an account you need to provide data including your name, email address and/or mobile number, and a password. If you register for a featured functionality and services, you will need to provide payment (e.g., credit card) and billing information.
- Profile - You have the option to select what information you choose to populate your profile. You don’t have to provide additional information on your profile; however, your profile information helps you to get more from our Services and offerings. It’s your choice whether to include sensitive information on your profile and to make that sensitive information public. Please do not post or add personal data to your profile that you would not want to be publicly available.
- Posting and Uploading - We collect personal data from you when you provide, post or upload it to our Services, such as when you fill out a form, create a job application, post a position, respond to a survey, or other activities within the ‘Heroes Foundation’ websites. If you opt to create users, tag users, import users from your address book or contact list, we receive your contacts (including contact information your service provider(s) automatically added to your address book when you communicated with addresses or numbers not already in your list).
You don’t have to post or upload personal data; though if you don’t, it may limit your ability to grow and engage with your network over our Services.
Data Others Can Collect or Sync With You
- Content and News - You and others may post content that includes information about you (as part of articles, posts, comments, videos) on our Services. Unless you opt-out, we collect public information about you, such as professional-related news and accomplishments (e.g., professional recognition, conference speakers, projects, etc.) and make it available as part of our Services (e.g. suggestions for your profile, or notifications of mentions in the news).
- Contact and Calendar Information - We receive personal data (including contact information) about you when others import or sync their contacts or calendar with our Services, associate their contacts with Member profiles, or send messages using our Services (including invites or connection requests). If you or others opt-in to sync email accounts with our Services, we will also collect “email header” information that we can associate with Member profiles.
- Partners - We receive personal data about you when you use the services of our customers and partners, such as employers, prospective employers and applicant tracking systems providing us job application data.
- Related Companies and Other Services - We receive data about you when you use some of the other services provided by us or our affiliates.
- Data We Collect From Using Our Services - We log your visits and use of our Services.We log usage data when you visit or otherwise use our Services, including ourplatform technology (e.g., our off-site links), such as when you view or click on content (e.g., learning video) or ads (on or off our site links), perform a search, share articles or apply for jobs. We use log-ins, cookies, device informationand internet protocol (“IP”) addresses to identify you and log your use.
- Messages - If you communicate through our Services, we also collect that information and learn from each engagement.We collect information about you when you send, receive, or engage with messages in connection with our Services.
How ‘Heroes Foundation’ Uses Your Data
We use your data to provide, support, personalize and develop our Services.How we use your personal data will depend on which Services you use, how you use those Services and the choices you make in creating your profile. We use the data that we have about you to provide and personalize, including with the help of automated systems, our Services (including ads) so that they can be more relevant and useful to you and others.
‘Heroes Foundation’ connectsour community, assists in finding someone and being found for work and business opportunities, stay informed, get training and be more productive. Our Services allow you to stay in touch and up to date with Military, colleagues, partners, clients, and other professional contacts. We will use data about you to help others find your profile, suggest connections for you and others (e.g. Members who share your contacts or job experiences) and enable you to invite others to become a Member and connect with you. It is your choice whether to invite someone to our Services, send a connection request, or allow another Member to become your connection. When you invite someone to connect with you, your invitation will include your name, photo, network and contact information. We will send invitation reminders to the person you invited.
‘Heroes Foundation’ Services allow you to stay informed about news, events and ideas regarding military and veteran topics you care about. Our Services also allow you to improve your professional skills or learn new ones. We use the data we have about you to recommend relevant content and conversations on our Services, suggest skills you may have to add to your profile and skills that you might need to pursue your next opportunity. We use your content data, activity and other data, including your name and picture, to provide notices to your network and others.
‘Heroes Foundation’ Services allow you to explore careers, post positions, evaluate educational opportunities, evaluate applicants and seek out or be found within our veteran-friendly community. Your profile can be found by those looking to hire or be hired by you. We will use your data to recommend jobs or mentees, show you and others who work at a company, in an industry, function or location or have certain skills and connections. We will use your data to recommend jobs to you and you to recruiters.
Finally, ‘Heroes Foundation’ Services allow you to collaborate with colleagues, search for potential clients, customers, partners and others to do business with. Our Services allow you to communicate with other Members and schedule and prepare meetings with them.
We contact you and enable communications between Members. We offer settings to control what messages you receive and how often you receive some types of messages.We will contact you through email, mobile phone, notices posted on our websites, messages to your inbox, and other ways through our Services, including text messages and push notifications. You may change your communication preferences at any time.
We serve you tailored ads both on and off our Services. We offer you choices regarding personalized ads, but you cannot opt-out of seeing other ads.We target (and measure the performance of) ads to Members, Visitors and others both on and off our Services directly or through a variety of partners, using the following data, whether separately or combined.
Research and Development/Continuous Improvement
We use data, including public feedback, to conduct research and development for the further enhancement of our Services in order to provide you and others with a better, more personalized experience, drive membership growth and engagement on our Services, and help connect professionals to each other.We use the personal data available to us to research social, economic and workplace trends such as jobs availability and skills needed for careers and policies that help bridge the gap in various industries and geographic areas. We use your data to produce and share aggregated insights that do not identify you.
Data Shared Through our Services
Any data that you include on your profile and any content you post or social action (e.g. likes, follows, comments, shares) you take on our Services will be seen by others.Your profile is fully visible, based content approvals through profile creation, to all Members and customers of our Services. When you share an article publicly it can be viewed by everyone and re-shared anywhere (subject to your settings. In a group, posts are visible to others in the group. Your membership in groups is public and part of your profile, but you can change visibility in your settings.Any information you share through companies’ or other organizations’ pages on our Services will be viewable by it and others who visit those pages.When you follow a person or organization, you are visible to others and that “page owner” as a follower. When you like or re-share or comment on another’s content (including ads), others will be able to view these “social actions” and associate it with you (e.g., your name, profile and photo if you provided it).
We keep most of your personal data for as long as your account is open.
We retain your personal data while your account is in existence or as needed to provide you Services. This includes data you or others provided to us and data generated or inferred from your use of our Services.
We monitor for and try to prevent security breaches. We implement security safeguards designed to protect your data, such as HTTPS. We regularly monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks. However, we cannot warrant the security of any information that you send us. There is no guarantee that data may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
‘Heroes Foundation’ Data Rights
We have lawful bases to collect, use and share data about you. You have choices about our use of your data.At any time, you can withdraw consent you have provided by going to settings.We will only collect and process personal data about you where we have lawful bases. Where we rely on your consent to process personal data, you have the right to withdraw or decline your consent at any time and where we rely on legitimate interests, you have the right to object.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file placed onto your device that enables ‘Heroes Foundation’ features and functionality. Cookies also enable you to easily share content on ‘Heroes Foundation’and help us serve relevant ads, events, jobs and other activity to you.
What are cookies used for?
Cookies can be used to recognize you when you visit ‘Heroes Foundation’, remember your preferences, and give you a personalized experience that’s in line with your settings such as enabling ‘Heroes Foundaiton’ to understand how you interact with our site thus allowing us to improve how we operate to meet your needs. Cookies also make your interactions with ‘Heroes Foundation’faster and more secure. Additionally, cookies allow us to bring you advertising both on and off the ‘Heroes Foundation’ sites.
Most browsers allow you to control cookies through their settings preferences. However, if you limit the ability of websites to set cookies, you may worsen your overall user experience, since it will no longer be personalized to you. It may also stop you from saving customized settings like login information.
Updates to this Policy
‘Heroes Foundation’ reserves the right to make changes to this Policy. If we make material changes, we will notify you, either through the user interface, in an email notification, or through other reasonable means. By continuing to use the Service after getting notified about the changes, you are expressing and acknowledging your acceptance of the changes. If you do not agree to the changes, please kindly unsubscribe from our any of our Services. Otherwise the new terms and policies will apply to you.